Last Updated: November 7, 2017
Information Collection And Use
401 Auto Financing is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. 401 Auto Financing will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. 401 Auto Financing collects information from our users at several different points on the website, over email and telephone.
(a) Information You Provide
You may be asked to voluntarily give your personal information to 401 Auto Financing during various interactions, including when you submit a finance application, subscribe to a newsletter, register to receive information, or register for a product or service offered by 401 Auto Financing or use a product or service provided by 401 Auto Financing. In those circumstances, you can choose not to provide certain requested personal information, but then you might not be able to proceed with your intended interaction or transaction with 401 Auto Financing or otherwise receive the full benefit of the desired product or service.
(b) Automated Collection
401 Auto Financing may automatically collect certain information regarding your use of the 401 Auto Financing website or online service, such as the dates and times that you access the website or online service, the browsers, operating systems, software and devices that you use to access the website or online service and details of your use of the website or online service. The 401 Auto Financing website, online services, email messages and advertisements may use technologies (e.g. cookies, web beacons, tokens, pixels or tags) to collect information that assists 401 Auto Financing to improve its products, services, customer communications and advertising and to prevent fraud. 401 Auto Financing may use information that it collects through technological means to recognize you as a user of the 401 Auto Financing website or online services, to facilitate and improve your use of the 401 Auto Financing website or online services, to confirm that messages have been delivered to and opened by you and to provide you with targeted advertisements. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser or device permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of a website or online service.
(c) Credit Reports
How We Use Your Personal Information
- to administer your relationship with 401 Auto Financing, including to create and manage your financing application with 401 Auto Financing and to contact and correspond with you regarding those matters;
- to facilitate your interactions and transactions with 401 Auto Financing, including to process your applications, requests, orders and payments;
- to provide products and services to you;
- to process and respond to your inquiries, requests and other communications;
- to provide you with information (including by email and other electronic messages) regarding 401 Auto Financing and its products and services permitted by applicable law;
- to administer and facilitate your participation in contests and promotions related to 401 Auto Financing;
- to maintain, protect and improve 401 Auto Financing’s products and services and to develop new products and services;
- to protect and enforce 401 Auto Financing’s legal rights, interests and remedies and to protect the business, operations and customers of 401 Auto Financing or other persons
Location of Personal Information
401 Auto Financing may process, store and use your personal information at facilities located in Canada.
Retention of Personal Information
Protection of Personal Information
Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
401 Auto Financing will rely on you to ensure that your personal information that you provide to 401 Auto Financing is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which 401 Auto Financing uses the personal information. You should promptly notify 401 Auto Financing of any changes to your personal information by contacting 401 Auto Financing customer service. You may reasonably request access to your personal information collected by 401 Auto Financing and information about 401 Auto Financing’s use, disclosure and retention of that personal information by submitting a written request to 401 Auto Financing’s Operations Manager using the contact information noted below.
Subject to applicable exceptions and limitations prescribed by applicable law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and you will be entitled to verify the accuracy and completeness of your personal information and to have the information revised as appropriate. You may be required to pay a reasonable fee for access to your personal information. 401 Auto Financing may decline to process a request that is unreasonably repetitive, frivolous, or impracticable, that infringes or jeopardizes the privacy of other persons, or for other reasons permitted by applicable law.
(a) Disclaimers, Liability Exclusions/Limitations and Disputes:
(b) Changes to this Policy:
(c) Contacting 401 Auto Financing’s Operations Manager: